Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari is excited by the potential partnership of starlet Neymar and Ronaldinho as they prepare to face England. The 2014 World Cup hosts take on Roy Hodgson's men at Wembley on Wednesday, with Scolari set to take charge for the first time since being
in November. Despite Neymar and Ronaldinho potentially starting up front for Brazil, Scolari said the duo would be treated no differently. "For me it's no different having a 21 year-old Neymar and a 32 year-old Ronaldinho. I expect the same from them as everybody else in my team," he said on Tuesday. "Just because they have all the talent in the world they should behave on the field in the way I want them to, especially when they play for our national team." Atletico Mineiro attacker Ronaldinho believes it is only a matter of time before Neymar becomes the best player in the world. "Neymar today is among the best players in the world. I am really happy to play with him again. No doubt that he will be the best player in the world one day," he said. Ronaldinho will earn his 100th cap for Brazil and said he did not see himself as 'the dad of the group'. The 2005 Ballon d'Or winner believes his country are capable of winning the World Cup and hopes his experience can help. "All the players have great quality, but this mix is really important, players with experience and young players," Ronaldinho said. "I am one of the most experienced and will help in every way I can. I will try to do my best until the World Cup and I hope I can help with my experience. "And with this team, Brazil has a real chance to be champions in the World Cup." Brazil and Queens Park Rangers goalkeeper Julio Cesar said he had a 'big opportunity' to taste success with the national team. "I thought a lot before coming to England, but it was designed. I left Inter Milan in a bad situation. My goal was achieved, which was to return to national team," he said. "There's still one year and five months until the World Cup in Brazil and we all know that there will be big pressure. I think I still have a page open in the Brazilian national team, my story is not over yet and I have a big opportunity."

No comments:

Post a Comment